ABOUT THE MILLENNIUM FELLOWSHIP - CLASS OF 2020
United Nations Academic Impact and MCN are proud to partner on the Millennium Fellowship. In the three months the application was open in 2020, 15,159 young leaders applied to join the Class of 2020 on 1,458 campuses across 135 nations. 80 campuses worldwide (just 6%) were selected to host the 1,000+ Millennium Fellows. The Class of 2020 is bold, innovative, and inclusive.
UNITED NATIONS ACADEMIC IMPACT AND MCN PROUDLY PRESENT OLUWATOYIN EUNICE OLUPINLA, A MILLENNIUM FELLOW AND CAMPUS DIRECTOR FOR THE CLASS OF 2020.
University of Ibadan | Ibadan, Nigeria | Advancing SDG 4 & UNAI 3
" I am excited to be part of the Millennium Fellowship because it stands for what i believe in. Education is a tool for liberation. I believe in empowering people and liberating them to be useful for themselves. Education for all will ensure that all barriers and limitations to knowledge and liberation is taken away. Being a Millennium Fellow will also assist me work with people of like minds and learn more about the cause in areas where i'm deficient, in order to make a good and lasting impact. "
Millennium Fellowship Project: Progress For All
My Millennium Fellows' Project in the following five months provide a peer based help to those struggling to cope with the distance learning method of my campus and assist them stay in the programme till they finish. The project is projected to positively impact the lives of over 200 people in my campus this year. The goals of the project include:
* Disseminate vital information regarding school activities to them via Whatzapp, calls or text messages.
* Help/guide some of them with online generation of payment advice for payment of their school fees and also help them make such payments sometimes.
* Help/guide them do their course registrations for the session as well as other registrations as required by the school.
* Source for and make soft copies of course materials available to them via Whatzapp so they can be able to prepare ahead for coming semesters.
* I liase with the school management sometimes for resolution to common problems we have in our department.
* Advise students on how to combine their present semester courses with resits they have in an effective manner that'll ensure they make it through smoothly.
* Give tutorials to some in courses i'm competent in.
About the Millennium Fellow
Oluwatoyin Eunice Olupinla studies Social work at the University of Ibadan. She is a passionate person who never sits back to allow things go wrong wherever she is found. She openly takes and faces challenges that benefits all and handles all her commitments effectively and efficiently.