ABOUT THE MILLENNIUM FELLOWSHIP - CLASS OF 2020
United Nations Academic Impact and MCN are proud to partner on the Millennium Fellowship. In the three months the application was open in 2020, 15,159 young leaders applied to join the Class of 2020 on 1,458 campuses across 135 nations. 80 campuses worldwide (just 6%) were selected to host the 1,000+ Millennium Fellows. The Class of 2020 is bold, innovative, and inclusive.
UNITED NATIONS ACADEMIC IMPACT AND MCN PROUDLY PRESENT XUEN RONG CHIN, A MILLENNIUM FELLOW FOR THE CLASS OF 2020.
University College London | London, United Kingdom | Advancing SDG 3 & UNAI 7
" I am excited to be a Millennium Fellow because this is a great opportunity for me to not only learn more about the SDG's and UNAI principles, but also to meet and learn from others about how we can achieve these goals sustainably. I hope to gain a wider perspective about what it means to be a global citizen and how to become a more proactive individual that takes sustainable action for a brighter future. "
Millennium Fellowship Project: Mind Haven
Mind Haven Project aims to create a safe environment for individuals who are struggling with their mental-wellbeing, and to provide information and support for those who want to learn more about mental health.
It is an accessible and friendly website that includes:
- Mental health resources
- Mental health advice and guidance
- Story sharing/advice blogs
- Daily inspiring/positive quotes
- Information on professional support, how to seek support & the different types of support available
- Advice on cultivating & maintaining a positive and growth mindset
- Advice and guidance for those who are helping loved ones who are struggling with their mental well-being.
- Single or small group appointments and chat rooms for support.
- Encouraging global citizenship through education. (Education regarding mental health and well-being, alongside its misconceptions. The website will also help encourage people from all around the world to help support each other.)
- Promoting inter-cultural dialogue and understanding, and the "unlearning" of intolerance, through education. (Encouraging people to become more understanding and tolerant about discussing mental health in the hopes of reducing the stigma surrounding mental health.).
- Provide reliable information and resources about mental well-being and mental health.
- Provide support, advice and guidance to those who want to improve their mental well-being or are dealing with mental health issues.
- Raise awareness and fight against the stigma surrounding mental health
- We hope to impact 1000-1500 people around the world with this project, getting at least 350 views per month and 20 blog entries.
About the Millennium Fellow
Xuen Rong is a Biomedical Sciences student at University College London and enjoys writing poetry and music. She is passionate about the fight against mental health stigma and mental health awareness. Having lived in different countries and experienced how widespread the stigma and misconceptions regarding mental health issues is, she hopes to create a better future whereby mental well-being will be treated with the same respect and value as physical health is. She also hopes to encourage communities to open up about mental health and take action such that mental health support becomes accessible to everyone.