ABOUT THE MILLENNIUM FELLOWSHIP - CLASS OF 2020
United Nations Academic Impact and MCN are proud to partner on the Millennium Fellowship. In the three months the application was open in 2020, 15,159 young leaders applied to join the Class of 2020 on 1,458 campuses across 135 nations. 80 campuses worldwide (just 6%) were selected to host the 1,000+ Millennium Fellows. The Class of 2020 is bold, innovative, and inclusive.
UNITED NATIONS ACADEMIC IMPACT AND MCN PROUDLY PRESENT ARCHITA BISWAS, A MILLENNIUM FELLOW FOR THE CLASS OF 2020.
Amity University, Mumbai | Mumbai, India | Advancing SDG 3 & UNAI 3
" I am thrilled to be a part of Millennium Fellowship. My dream has been to provide the community with quality education and Millennium Fellowship give me the platform to do so on a global scale. I want education to reach every household, to those who has a thirst for it. I will not stop untill my goal is reached. Through Millennium Fellowship, I will be able to share the platform with excellent advoactors and looking forward to learn a lot from everyone. "
Millennium Fellowship Project: Initiate-Educate-Liberate
Initiate-Educate-Liberate focuses on educating the underprivileged people of Bhatan, Maharashtra, where Amity University is located. The people of the village are deprived of basic education. Thus, the goal is to provide all round education and awareness to children as well as the elderly. There is a government funded school in the village, however, due to lack of proper infrastructure students do not flock in large numbers. Considering these constraints, the team has come up with the following plan of action:
1. Fund-raising- The team will be working on doing month-long fundraising events online. The funds that will be collected will be spent on providing educational necessities to underprivileged school/students/individuals in the form of books and stationery donations and in the most efficient way.
2. Webinars- Through webinars on various topics, the project would enlighten them on important topics such as the importance of Sustainable Development Goals, Ethics, Environmental issues, and others.
3. Workshops: providing workshops on various subjects. The project wish to provide them a foreign language, spoken English development workshops, and activities. There will be workshops on various other topics as well.
4. Skill development- I have planned on creating various modules and homework sheets which can be done by oneself at home. These modules will be focusing on their skill development aspects.
5. Survey- There will be surveys conducted before any webinar, to know the audience and their take on the topic. This will help me in delivering a much more concrete webinar that is audience friendly and helps them in the understanding of the topic.
6. Awareness sessions: collaborate with other teammates and provide awareness sessions on topics such as menstruation and food wastage.
7. Social media- use social media most efficiently and promoting and showcasing the works done by all the members of the team targeting people so that they come forwards and lend a hand.
About the Millennium Fellow
Archita Biswas from Kolkata, WB, India and an undergraduate student from Amity University, Mumbai pursuing major in French language. She speaks 4 languages fluently and have been working for the community for the past 5 years with keen focus is on quality education and advocating about SDG.