ABOUT THE MILLENNIUM FELLOWSHIP - CLASS OF 2019
United Nations Academic Impact and MCN are proud to partner on the Millennium Fellowship. In the three months the application was open in 2019, over 7,000 young leaders applied to join the Class of 2019 on 1,209 campuses across 135 nations. 69 campuses worldwide (just 6%) were selected to host the 805 Millennium Fellows.
During the Millennium Fellowship, Millennium Fellows' dedicated 96,705 hours and their 422 unique projects positively impacted the lives of 564,366 people worldwide.
UNITED NATIONS ACADEMIC IMPACT AND MCN PROUDLY PRESENT GHINWA HAMMAM, A MILLENNIUM FELLOW FOR THE CLASS OF 2019.
American University of Beirut | Beirut, Lebanon | Advancing SDG 4 & UNAI 3
Millennium Fellowship Project: PalesTech
PalesTech is students' initiative that focuses on making project-based training program that plants the seed of social entrepreneurship in the young refugees through engaging them in hands-on creation of technology to solve real problems in their society thus transforming them into social innovators. Through our programs, we focus on teaching participants new technology to use in their suggested solutions.
During the fellowship period, we are planning to achieve the following:
1) A series of hackathons in multiple refugee camps in Lebanon (Using Web-Development technology)
2) A presentation event where all participants from different camps will be gathered in one place to present their ideas and projects and compete on awards
3) Providing support for the winning teams to continue working on their solution projects
4) Create a network for social innovators to share their Ideas
5) Publishing an Online Platform that will teach technological courses for refugees with Arabic content
About the Millennium Fellow
Ghinwa Hammam is a junior majoring in computer and communications engineering at the American University of Beirut. Ghinwa values integrity, dedication, and proactivity. She always seeks opportunities to express herself and help others. She is also thrilled by art and innovation, and always ready for new adventures!