ABOUT THE MILLENNIUM FELLOWSHIP - CLASS OF 2020
United Nations Academic Impact and MCN are proud to partner on the Millennium Fellowship. In the three months the application was open in 2020, 15,159 young leaders applied to join the Class of 2020 on 1,458 campuses across 135 nations. 80 campuses worldwide (just 6%) were selected to host the 1,000+ Millennium Fellows. The Class of 2020 is bold, innovative, and inclusive.
UNITED NATIONS ACADEMIC IMPACT AND MCN PROUDLY PRESENT CHIRAG KAUSHIK, A MILLENNIUM FELLOW FOR THE CLASS OF 2020.
Amity University | Mumbai, India | Advancing SDG 2 & UNAI 9
" My dad is a Naval officer and i have been living with him in the naval apartments. The environment there is very different, everyone helps each other and care about each other. We used to help poor people by giving them food, clothes etc. This attracted my interest in helping people from childhood. I developed an emotional attachment with those people.Whenever I used to see a hungry person, I used to think how difficult it might be for him to live in this world. When I got to know about Millennium Fellowship I was super excited as it is the perfect way for me to keep indulging in such activities, help the needy and do some greater good. This a golden opportunity for me to serve for humanity and become a part of an international community which allows me to interact with other fellows as well and do our deeds. "
Millennium Fellowship Project: Thought for Food
Amity university is located in Bhatan village, Maharashtra, India. As per the statistics about 30% of the population are chronically hungry, and suffer from undernourishment. To tackle this problem , Thought for Food plan to
1. Mid day meals- We have planned to provide mid day meals to the school to deal with hunger issues and motivate the students to come to school.
2. Donate food- all the leftovers from the canteen will be donated .
3. Educate students about hygiene- the project will educate the children about the importance of hygiene and ways of maintaining it.
4. Donation events- the team will organize various events where people will donate
5. Education on nutrition- avail information on basic nutrition and how to buy wise.
6. Educate farmers- how to cultivate smart, help the farmers adapt natural farming and other organic practices.
7. Conduct surveys- the team will conduct weekly surveys and assess the success of our strategies,plans,fund raised etc.
About the Millennium Fellow
Chirag Kaushik is a great overall performer. He has been doing great in academics as well as in sports. As an athlete he has been trained to do team-work activities and easily mingles up with everyone. He is physically active, optimistic, hardworking and soft spoken.