ABOUT THE MILLENNIUM FELLOWSHIP - CLASS OF 2020
United Nations Academic Impact and MCN are proud to partner on the Millennium Fellowship. In the three months the application was open in 2020, 15,159 young leaders applied to join the Class of 2020 on 1,458 campuses across 135 nations. 80 campuses worldwide (just 6%) were selected to host the 1,000+ Millennium Fellows. The Class of 2020 is bold, innovative, and inclusive.
UNITED NATIONS ACADEMIC IMPACT AND MCN PROUDLY PRESENT DEEPANSHU GARG, A MILLENNIUM FELLOW FOR THE CLASS OF 2020.
Amity University, Mumbai | Mumbai, India | Advancing SDG 4 & UNAI 3
" I am excited to be a part of Millennium Fellowship because it gives me chance to meet new people around the corner of the world. It helps me to contribute for building a better society for the future. I am committed to help for the cause of providing quality education to each section of the society. "
Millennium Fellowship Project: Initiate Education Liberate
Deepanshu is a student of Amity University Mumbai, situated in village named Bhatan. He have seen many children in village who never goes to school due to bad infrastructure of the government school they have. To help those children and to provide them what they deserve, Deepanshu and the team plans on conducting the following:
1. Fund-raising: We plan to hold two fund-raising events in the month of September and October for our project.
2. Webinars: Webinars related to SDG Awareness, Reality of COVID-19 situation (precautions and emphasizing on the fact that no herbal or other medicines can cure it).
3. Workshops: Workshops related to education.
4. Skill Development: We plan to prepare various modules on art and craft, activities related to sustainability and best out of waste stuff.
5. Surveys: Before conducting any webinar, we will have survey questionnaire to know how much information people have related to the topic we are going to speak about.
6. Sessions for school children: We will collaborate with schools and have sessions on important topics such as ethics and right conduct, SDG Awareness, Importance of Sports, Menstrual health, etc.
7. Interview: After the webinars or sessions, we plan to have interviews with people as a means of feedback.
8. Donation Drive: We will have a donation drive for all stuffs related to education such as books, stationary, notebooks.