ABOUT THE MILLENNIUM FELLOWSHIP - CLASS OF 2020
United Nations Academic Impact and MCN are proud to partner on the Millennium Fellowship. In the three months the application was open in 2020, 15,159 young leaders applied to join the Class of 2020 on 1,458 campuses across 135 nations. 80 campuses worldwide (just 6%) were selected to host the 1,000+ Millennium Fellows. The Class of 2020 is bold, innovative, and inclusive.
UNITED NATIONS ACADEMIC IMPACT AND MCN PROUDLY PRESENT NATASHA BOMI KARANJIA, A MILLENNIUM FELLOW FOR THE CLASS OF 2020.
Amity University | Mumbai, India | Advancing SDG 2 & UNAI 9
" Millennium Fellowship will give me the opportunity to interact, learn, discuss & collaborate with other Fellows internationally. It will surely empower me, by giving me voice to be heard better and validate my work, give visibility, and build confidence in me to strive for my best to make a change. It will ensure I have training, network, and recognition needed to take my social impact to the next level. With help of this Fellowship I will be achieving massive and sustainable poverty and hunger reduction. It is the best platform for anybody specially the 'Youth- The Future Leader of this rapidly growing society and the world' a chance to raise their voice for those who have been maimed and unheard. Being a part of this Fellowship It will allow me to be the voice of the million hunger people in my country and nearby areas and it will also give me the chance to discuss their problems with the leading organisations today. "
Millennium Fellowship Project: Thought for Food
Amity university is located in Bhatan village, Maharashtra, India. As per the statistics about 30% of the population are chronically hungry, and suffer from undernourishment. To tackle this problem , Thought for Food plan to
1. Mid day meals- We have planned to provide mid day meals to the school to deal with hunger issues and motivate the students to come to school.
2. Donate food- all the leftovers from the canteen will be donated .
3. Educate students about hygiene- the project will educate the children about the importance of hygiene and ways of maintaining it.
4. Donation events- the team will organize various events where people will donate
5. Education on nutrition- avail information on basic nutrition and how to buy wise.
6. Educate farmers- how to cultivate smart, help the farmers adapt natural farming and other organic practices.
7. Conduct surveys- the team will conduct weekly surveys and assess the success of our strategies,plans,fund raised etc.
About the Millennium Fellow
Natasha Karanjia is motivated and ambitious individual possessing excellent management skills and having ability to work with the minimum of supervision.Having a proven ability to lead by example, consistently hit targets,improve best practices and organise time efficiently.