ABOUT THE MILLENNIUM FELLOWSHIP - CLASS OF 2020

United Nations Academic Impact and MCN are proud to partner on the Millennium Fellowship. In the three months the application was open in 2020, 15,159 young leaders applied to join the Class of 2020 on 1,458 campuses across 135 nations.  80 campuses worldwide (just 6%) were selected to host the 1,000+ Millennium Fellows.  The Class of 2020 is bold, innovative, and inclusive. 

UNITED NATIONS ACADEMIC IMPACT AND MCN PROUDLY PRESENT RIJUL BAJAJ, A MILLENNIUM FELLOW FOR THE CLASS OF 2020.

University of Delhi | New Delhi, India | Advancing SDG 1 & UNAI 6

" Since UNAI and MCN have partnered on the Millennium Fellowship, I will get to learn to challenge each other and elevate my leadership skills. I believe we as students have the power to create an impact and hence Millennium Fellowship will provide me with an excellent path to refine my leadership skills not only to make a strong impact in my universal community but also all around the world. I've read about some, out of the United Nations 17 sustainable goals in action, and seen the videos of some Millennium fellows on the website which really inspired me because I saw that the betterment of the community have been taken care of really well. With this distinction, I would be able to think bigger and better and develop a plan of action to achieve the objectives through best practice, training, network and recognition and hence take my social impact to the next level. So I am excited to become a valued contributor to achieve these phenomenal goals. "

Millennium Fellowship Project: Trishna

The objective is to help solve the problem of potable water scarcity through Project Trishna, which aims to make bacterially contaminated water safe for the poorest of the poor by developing a low-cost filter that can be fabricated at the community level. We aim at the construction of a low cost Ceramic Water Purifier using the disinfecting properties of silver as an efficient filtration measure- The ceramic containers filter 98% of the bacteria from water, and the rest 2% of bacteria is killed through an electrostatic charge caused by the painting of the pot with a colloidal silver solution. The filters are not only low-cost, but simple and easy to use, and can provide enough clean water for a family of five every day. The filters require little maintenance and provide clean water without the need for chemicals such as chlorine. Additionally, the process of filtration requires no fuel consumption.

About the Millennium Fellow

Rijul Bajaj is a student pursuing Chemistry Hons. from St. Stephen's College, New Delhi. He managed to score very well in academics while being an active member of the school swimming team. He was elected as the school head boy who now leads college societies like Enactus and Chemistry Society.

#MILLENNIUMFELLOWSHIP

United Nations Academic Impact (UNAI)

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • YouTube
  • LinkedIn

Millennium Campus Network (MCN)

  • Facebook
  • Instagram
  • Twitter
  • YouTube
  • LinkedIn