ABOUT THE MILLENNIUM FELLOWSHIP - CLASS OF 2020
United Nations Academic Impact and MCN are proud to partner on the Millennium Fellowship. In the three months the application was open in 2020, 15,159 young leaders applied to join the Class of 2020 on 1,458 campuses across 135 nations. 80 campuses worldwide (just 6%) were selected to host the 1,000+ Millennium Fellows. The Class of 2020 is bold, innovative, and inclusive.
UNITED NATIONS ACADEMIC IMPACT AND MCN PROUDLY PRESENT BASSEY BASSEY ASUQUO, A MILLENNIUM FELLOW FOR THE CLASS OF 2020.
University of Nigeria | Nsukka, Nigeria | Advancing SDG 3 & UNAI 9
" I've always been a dreamer, wild enough to dare to believe i can contribute in making the world better. This Fellowship only reminds to never wake from this dream, but to rather keep going and keep making impact. "
Millennium Fellowship Project: Life4u Mental Health Campaign
Life4u Mental Health Campaign aims to advocate for a policy to be introduced that ensures that a psychology consultants are made available in every department of every government owned institution across the Nation. Through this initiative, Bassey aims to achieve the following:
1. Ensure easy and timely accessibility to a psychiatrist.
2. Ensure mental health consultations is free for students.
3. Host a monthly mental health awareness webinar/session.
4. Host a monthly event (D' lounge) which features poetry, book review on mental health, mental health talk and advocacy message trend.
5. Above all, focus on training volunteers in the field of mental health advocacy, thereby, making sure, every room in every hostel on campus has a skilled mental health advocate.