ABOUT THE MILLENNIUM FELLOWSHIP - CLASS OF 2021
United Nations Academic Impact and MCN are proud to partner on the Millennium Fellowship. In 2021, over 25,000 young leaders on 2,000+ campuses across 153 nations applied to join the Class of 2021. 136 campuses worldwide (just 6%) were selected to host the 2,000+ Millennium Fellows. The Class of 2021 is bold, innovative, and inclusive.
UNITED NATIONS ACADEMIC IMPACT AND MCN PROUDLY PRESENT MD JAVED NAHEAN RATUL, A MILLENNIUM FELLOW FOR THE CLASS OF 2021.
Bangladesh University of Professionals | Dhaka, Bangladesh | Advancing SDG 5 & UNAI 6
" The opportunities at the Millennium Fellowship will help me to exercise my creativity, adaptability and skills that I need to grow as an intellectual human being. "
Millennium Fellowship Project: Project Aporajita
Project Name : Project Aporajita .
SDG goal 5 (Gender Equality )
1. Creating awareness in people about gender discrimination, violence, and gender disparity. Also, persuading people to fight against the gender discriminatory norms in our society.
2. To create awareness in people against rape culture, victim blaming and negative views about equal rights for all genders.
3. To create acceptance for the third gender in our society and making people aware about their struggles and difficulties.
4. To ensure women’s health and hygiene. Educating women about menstruation, use of pads and health issues.
6. Providing self-defense classes for free to equip people with tools to help them in risky situations.
7. Setting up a free school for poor children without access to education; for giving them primary education and teaching other necessary skills.
8. To set up an open platform for anyone to express their opinions and experiences they had because of their gender. To be the voice of the unheard.
9. To arrange events, webinars, and seminars to engage people from all over the country in protecting the rights of all genders.
About the Millennium Fellow
Md Javed Nahean Ratul is a 2nd year University students who is currently studying at Bangladesh University of Professionals in the department of Environmental Science. He is working as a Millennium Fellow of 2021. He works in Eco Network which is a Non Profitable Organisation. He is an assistant team coordinator of Eco Network. Besides, He runs a project from that organisation which is called Project Aporajita. This project actually works to ensure the Gender Equality or SDG 5. It helps to ensure the woman rights and the ensure the opportunities for all kinds of people beyond their gender and race.