ABOUT THE MILLENNIUM FELLOWSHIP - CLASS OF 2021
UNITED NATIONS ACADEMIC IMPACT AND MCN PROUDLY PRESENT BRIAN MAKINI ATUTI, A MILLENNIUM FELLOW FOR THE CLASS OF 2021.
University of Nairobi Kenyatta National Hospital Campus | Nairobi, Kenya | Advancing SDG 3 & UNAI 2
" Humbled to join those who intend to make the world a better place. "
Millennium Fellowship Project: Amsun Code Community (ACOCO)
AMSUN CODE COMMUNITY was my social impact project started on May 2021. The project was aimed at contributing to SDG 3 and SDG 9. The goal of the community is to teach medical students and young doctors how to code in the bid to improve the application of technology in improving healthcare delivery especially in the developing nations. The project is continous and it has gained so much momentum. The following are what AMSUN CODE COMMUNITY intends to achieve:
1. Guide, teach and empower medical students interested in coding and exploring data science and programming
2. Create a flexible schedule to learn coding
3. A common platform to share skills and resources
4. Create a mentorship channel from the industry
5. Explore what is beyond medical school.
The community has a discord server where students communicate and paste their work for review. The community has mentors from the industry to guide students. Weekly coding sessions are held and students work on different healthcare innovative projects.